Description & Features:
This model is inspired by 4 stringed Renaissance era instruments. It's built on the same
body as our 'Moncur' model, so it has an ample, beautiful tone suitable for solo performance, vocal accompaniment, or jamming
with other musicians.
Padded gig bag
Rosin & Cotton (for the wheel)
Spare 'dogs' & tangents (just in case....)
Help Videos , and of course...
the Instrument...... which includes the following features
(click on items
below for more information):
* 4 strings 2 melody strings, 2 drones
* trompette / chien /buzzing bridge (the dog)
* Fully chromatic with 2 octave range-23 Keys
* Gut strings standard
* Geared guitar style tuners standard for
ease of tuning
* Top quality Sitka Spruce soundboard
* All hardwood construction for best possible tone
* Beautifully decorated body (see above pics for inlay)
* Our decorative 'checkerboard' wheel (which is also removable)
* and too much more to list here
Note: Is there a feature you want but don't see here?
We probably include it even though it's not listed. Feel free to drop us an email for more specific info.
Do you want to compare our different models of Hurdy Gurdies? Visit our Comparison page.
*Spare string set- $80.00
pickup (hardwired into instrument) choose from several electronics packages, starting at just $105.00. Click for more details...
Buy with confidence-
1 year warrantee
We provide a one year warrantee with all our hurdy gurdies,
but we build them to last a lifetime.
The 'Gypsy Gurdy' has been replaced with our
'Merry Wood' model. It was a difficult decision, but one that
we made as players. The standard 5 string arrangement of our Merry Wood will ultimately have more 'legs' to grow with the player.
Hurdy Gurdies by George & Anwyn Leverett
888-265-9711 / 541-596-2006